For the Love of My Country

Andy Moore's web-development blog: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Flash (subscribe)
quicklinks: html codes | w3 schools (CSS) | colour codes | archives
blogging at: Star Studded Super Step on politics, abortion, freedom...
Copy text from secured PDF documents
Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 2:48 PM
I had a PDF that I wanted to copy some text from, however found that copy and paste were not working. It was at this stage that I found out that the document was protected/secured to disable copy/pasting the text.

I found this free PDF to Word Doc Converter which did exactly what I wanted: HelloPDF. This didn't keep the formatting, but I didn't care. All I wanted was the raw text - to save me typing it out again myself.

It's a very very simple interface. Would recommend you uncheck the "uses text-box" option. This means you get the raw text - and not all separated into frustrating text-boxes in an attempt to retain the original layout.

I guess they secure PDFs if they don't want people copying and not crediting - however I reference everything I write, so there's nothing wrong with me getting around Adobe's copy protection.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Hey, I also tried hellopdf, but I'm now using anybizsoft, as I won a licence in their giveaway.:-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Archives: \April 2007/\June 2007/\September 2007/\August 2008/\September 2008/\October 2008/\December 2008/\February 2009/\March 2009/\May 2009/\July 2009/\August 2009/\September 2009/\October 2009/\November 2009/\December 2009/\January 2010/\February 2010/\March 2010/\August 2010/\September 2010/\December 2010/